Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great Tasting Soup and LowFat!
Make and share this Cream of Chicken and Vegetable Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup light butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 12 fluid ounces evaporated low-fat milk
- 16 ounces frozen mixed vegetables, prepared according to package directions
- 2 skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and cubed
- 14 1⁄2 ounces fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Cook stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Add vegetables, chicken, chicken broth and onion salt. Heat through.
- NOTE: Evaporated Fat Free or regular Evaporated milk can be substituted. Will change the calorie intake for sure!