My version of this unique combination.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 leeks, thinly sliced
- 5 stalks celery & tops, thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 (32 ounce) container chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 lb chicken tenders, cut into small chunks
- 1 (16 ounce) package potato gnocchi
- 1 (16 ounce) package spinach gnocchi
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1In a Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the leeks (white and tender green parts split lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise), celery (from the heart with leafy tops, thinly sliced), bay leaf, salt, and pepper to taste and cook until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil, about 3 minutes. Stir in the cream, lower the heat and simmer until the soup bubbles at the edges.
- 3Add the chicken and gnocchi and cook for 5 minutes. Remove the bay leaf.
- 4Stir in the parsley, sherry (if using), and parika; serve.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Chicken and Leek Soup With Gnocchi
Serving Size: 1 (412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 732.2
- Calories from Fat 485
- Total Fat 53.9 g
- Saturated Fat 29.1 g
- Cholesterol 228.8 mg
- Sodium 942.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 35.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: