Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this quick, cheating recipe in a magazine article, Margaret Fulton's suggestions on ways to make canned soup suitable for unexpected guests. My family loved this and now my daughter wants me to post it here. It came in handy on many occasions.
- 1 (420 g) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (420 g) can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped coarsely
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup milk, extra (optional)
- fresh parsley
- Heat chicken and celery soup with milk and water, DO NOT BOIL.
- Add chicken, heat in soup, taste and add extra milk if needed.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with croutons.
Yummy! I use this same mixture of canned soups to make my "homemade chicken and noodles" I also use the frozen drop noodles in most frozen food sections in the grocery store. The best part is when someone asks for the recipe. I also add fresh pepper. Thanks for posting.