Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Sprinkle each serving with paprika and garnish with croutons.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 2⁄3 cup processed cheese spread
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- toasted crouton
- Melt butter in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook and stir onions and celery in butter until onions are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in water, half-and-half, cheese spread, instant bouillon and nutmeg.
- Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly; stir in wine.
- Heat to boiling.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
This is a very good cheese soup recipe. I used a jar of CheezWis ConQueso and the spice added a lot of zip to the soup. I also substituted chicken broth for the wine (I don't usually like the wine taste in foods). My son loved it with some bacon bits and croutons on the top. I'll definitely make this again.
The Best Soup I've ever tasted.