Recipe by Barefoot Beachcomber
Mushroom season is just over and this soup was a hit. Regular white or button mushrooms are very good too. You could use dried chanterelle, just reconstitute them in hot water before using.
Top Review by galianoboy
This made a fantastic soup. We doubled the recipe and used fresh mushrooms (half chanterelles and half sweet tooth). It was so good that I went back to the farmers' market and stocked up on more mushrooms so I can make another batch this week. Thanks for posting this!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 lb chanterelle mushroom, sliced
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream or 1 cup whipping cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives or 1 teaspoon parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil, then add the onion, garlic and chanterelles.
- Cook until the onions are transparent.
- Dust with the flour.
- Add the white wine and chicken stock.
- Stir to combine.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in prewarmed bowls, and garnish with chives or parsley.