Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Mushroom season is just over and this soup was a hit. Regular white or button mushrooms are very good too. You could use dried chanterelle, just reconstitute them in hot water before using.
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil, then add the onion, garlic and chanterelles.
- Cook until the onions are transparent.
- Dust with the flour.
- Add the white wine and chicken stock.
- Stir to combine.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in prewarmed bowls, and garnish with chives or parsley.
This made a fantastic soup. We doubled the recipe and used fresh mushrooms (half chanterelles and half sweet tooth). It was so good that I went back to the farmers' market and stocked up on more mushrooms so I can make another batch this week. Thanks for posting this!
Excellent! We had Chanterelle mushrooms, and another wild mushroom that a friend gave us. Thanks for the recipe!
This is an extremely delicious and elegant soup. So very easy to make! I love it! Don't mess with the recipe, it really is perfect just the way it is written.