Recipe by Norahs Girl
A lovely way to use celery!Very summery I often serve it sprinkled with a garnish of fresh coriander Leaves.
Top Review by Rameses
This was really good. I also added thyme, and added a little garlic powder. I used vegetable bullion instead of chicken as I am a strict vegetarian. It was for this reason I also used soymilk instead of regular milk. Something else I did differently was I had already steamed some celery, so I just threw that in when the onions were done.
- 19.71 ml butter
- 946.36 ml diced celery
- 236.59 ml diced onion
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 19.71 ml plain flour
- 473.18 ml low-fat milk or 473.18 ml skim milk
- freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan,heat butter til bubbly,add celery,onion and stock cubes and stir til well combined.
- Reduce heat and cover,and let simmer for 10 minutes til veggies are tender.
- Sprinkle flour over veggie mixture stirring constantly,until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Puree 1/2 the mixture then return to pan,rewarm stirring til well combined.