Recipe by Esther in Atlanta, GA
Found the original recipe on another site, changed it to our taste and wanted to post it before I forget. The good thing about this recipe, it is healthy and the family dont even know it!!!!
- 5 cups chopped celery
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 slices turkey bacon, cut in small chunks (I am using Trader Joes)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a dush oven over medium heat. Add celery, potatoes, garlic, bacon, onions and bay leaves until onions are translucent.
- Add broth and all the spices and bring to boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and let simmer for about 30 minute.
- Remove bay leaves.
- With an emulsion blender, puree until smooth.
- Serve with a nice crusty bread.