Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
great way to use up wilted celery; tastes fantastic; easy to make because it all gets blended with a blender!
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb celery & leaves, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup buttermilk or 1 cup kefir
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- in a large dutch oven, saute onion til translucent.
- add garlic and saute just a couple minutes.
- add the rest of the ingredients and cook 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- puree ingredients with a stick blender
- add water or milk to thin (or cream if you wish!).
I didn't have any broth on hand so I added in a few spices, allspice, thyme, salt and pepper. I also ended up adding the juice of one lemon in the end and really enjoyed it!
Made this recipe using a homemade veggie broth as well as lemon pepper for the usual S&P! Also used buttermilk instead of either of the 2 alternatives & was very pleased with the results! This will make a nice addition to my soup selections! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]
I just made this and doubled the recipe. Glad I did. It's awesome and so easy. Yum!