This is a soup I developed in response to a contest in a British Cooking magazine. I hope that you like it as much as I do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, melt butter over low hear; cook leeks, covered in this for 5 minutes.
- 2Add celeriac and cook, covered for 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in stock and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat to low; cook, covered for about 35 minutes, or until celeriac is very tender.
- 5Transfer to a blender or food processor and puree in batches.
- 6Pass through a food mill or sieve for an even smoother soup.
- 7Return to saucepan, stir in cream and maple syrup.
- 8Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 9Gently heat through.
- 10Serve in warmed soup bowls.
- 11Garnish with chives or spring onions.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Celeriac Soup
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 482.2
- Calories from Fat 331
- Total Fat 36.8 g
- Saturated Fat 21.8 g
- Cholesterol 119.2 mg
- Sodium 569.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 9.4 g