Recipe by MarieRynr
This is a soup I developed in response to a contest in a British Cooking magazine. I hope that you like it as much as I do.
Top Review by kappadisney
I love celeriac and I love potato leek soup and this had the best of both. I am thinking that frizzled leek (thinly slice leek and fry in a half inch of olive oil and let drain) would go beautifully on top of this instead of the chives.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sliced leek
- 3 cups diced peeled celeriac
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup double cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- salt and pepper
- chopped chives (to garnish) or spring onion (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low hear; cook leeks, covered in this for 5 minutes.
- Add celeriac and cook, covered for 5 minutes.
- Stir in stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cook, covered for about 35 minutes, or until celeriac is very tender.
- Transfer to a blender or food processor and puree in batches.
- Pass through a food mill or sieve for an even smoother soup.
- Return to saucepan, stir in cream and maple syrup.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Gently heat through.
- Serve in warmed soup bowls.
- Garnish with chives or spring onions.