Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
From the Four Seasons Hotel, Beverly Hills. This sounds really good.
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 354.88 ml onions, chopped
- 354.88 ml celery, chopped
- 14.79 ml garlic, crushed
- 14.79 ml fresh thyme or 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 1360.77 g cauliflower, small florets
- 946.36 ml chicken broth
- 236.59 ml whipping cream
- 354.88 ml gruyere cheese, finely grated
- 0.25 ml cayenne
- chives, finely chopped
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium heat.
- Add leeks, onions, celery, garlic and thyme and saute until onions are translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and saute until just soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken broth.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer 16 minutes.
- Add cream and simmer 15 minutes.
- Working in batches, puree soup in blender until smooth.
- Return soup to pot and bring to simmer.
- Whisk in Gruyere cheese and cayenne.
- Season soup to taste wtih salt and pepper.
- Ladle inot bowls.
- Sprinknle with chives, if desired, and serve.
Lovely tasting soup. I used half/half instead of the cream and dried thyme. :)
Wow! This soup is absolutely delicious. We love caulflower soup and the addition of the gruyere cheese really added a great texture and flavor. The only change I made was to add some cooked bacon. Will definitely make this soup again very soon.
So sorry, but not much flavor.