Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
From the Four Seasons Hotel, Beverly Hills. This sounds really good.
Make and share this Cream of Cauliflower Soup With Gruyere Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 354.88 ml onions, chopped
- 354.88 ml celery, chopped
- 14.79 ml garlic, crushed
- 14.79 ml fresh thyme or 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 1360.77 g cauliflower, small florets
- 946.36 ml chicken broth
- 236.59 ml whipping cream
- 354.88 ml gruyere cheese, finely grated
- 0.25 ml cayenne
- chives, finely chopped
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium heat.
- Add leeks, onions, celery, garlic and thyme and saute until onions are translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and saute until just soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken broth.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer 16 minutes.
- Add cream and simmer 15 minutes.
- Working in batches, puree soup in blender until smooth.
- Return soup to pot and bring to simmer.
- Whisk in Gruyere cheese and cayenne.
- Season soup to taste wtih salt and pepper.
- Ladle inot bowls.
- Sprinknle with chives, if desired, and serve.
Lovely tasting soup. I used half/half instead of the cream and dried thyme. :)
So sorry, but not much flavor.