From the Four Seasons Hotel, Beverly Hills. This sounds really good.
Make and share this Cream of Cauliflower Soup With Gruyere Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 lbs cauliflower, small florets
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups gruyere cheese, finely grated
- 1 pinch cayenne
- chives, finely chopped
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium heat.
- Add leeks, onions, celery, garlic and thyme and saute until onions are translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and saute until just soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken broth.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer 16 minutes.
- Add cream and simmer 15 minutes.
- Working in batches, puree soup in blender until smooth.
- Return soup to pot and bring to simmer.
- Whisk in Gruyere cheese and cayenne.
- Season soup to taste wtih salt and pepper.
- Ladle inot bowls.
- Sprinknle with chives, if desired, and serve.
Lovely tasting soup. I used half/half instead of the cream and dried thyme. :)
So sorry, but not much flavor.