I adapted this from the Basic Cream Soup recipe in The American Vegetarian Cookbook by Marilyn Diamond. It's sooooo good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen cauliflower (or you could use fresh)
- 5 cups water
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes (I use Rapunzel)
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional but I put it in)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- paprika (garnish)
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional garnish)
- 1Saute onion and garlic in oil for a minute or two.
- 2Add cauliflower and saute for another minute or two.
- 3Add water, bullion cubes, marjoram and nutritional yeast and bring to a boil.
- 4Lower heat and cook for about 10 minutes until cauliflower is soft.
- 5When cauliflower is cooked, turn off heat and let soup cool for a few minutes.
- 6Take 1/2 cup of broth from pot, mix it with tahini and blend in a blender. Set aside.
- 7Once the remainder of the soup has cooled a bit, blend in batches or use a stick blender to blend it in a pot. Leave a few chunks if you like.
- 8Serve topped with some paprika and crushed red pepper (if you like a little heat).
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Cauliflower Soup (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.4
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 22.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable bouillon cubes