Recipe by Sharbysyd
I adapted this from the Basic Cream Soup recipe in The American Vegetarian Cookbook by Marilyn Diamond. It's sooooo good.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen cauliflower (or you could use fresh)
- 5 cups water
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes (I use Rapunzel)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional but I put it in)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tahini
- paprika (garnish)
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and garlic in oil for a minute or two.
- Add cauliflower and saute for another minute or two.
- Add water, bullion cubes, marjoram and nutritional yeast and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and cook for about 10 minutes until cauliflower is soft.
- When cauliflower is cooked, turn off heat and let soup cool for a few minutes.
- Take 1/2 cup of broth from pot, mix it with tahini and blend in a blender. Set aside.
- Once the remainder of the soup has cooled a bit, blend in batches or use a stick blender to blend it in a pot. Leave a few chunks if you like.
- Serve topped with some paprika and crushed red pepper (if you like a little heat).