Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe is from my "Joy of Eating French Food" cookbook. Posted for ZWT-8-France. Simple to make and big results on flavor.
- 236.59 ml cream
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 2 (566.99 g) package frozen cauliflower, defrosted
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 shallots, minced (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 59.14 ml butter
- 3 (893.00 g) can chicken broth
- salt and white pepper
- 14.79 ml parsley, minced
- 29.58 ml chives, minced
- 1.23 ml dill weed
- In a glass bowl, stir together the cram and sour cream and set aside.
- In a dutch oven, saute together cauliflower, onion, shallots and garlic in lemon juice and butter until onions and cauliflower are soft. Do not allow the vegetables to brown. In a food processor or in a blender (in batches) puree the cauliflower mixture with some of the broth.
- Pour blended soup back into the dutch oven and add the remaining chicken broth, seasonings, parsley and some of the and chives. Simmer soup for a few minutes. Add the cream mixture and stir until it is blended. Heat through and serve with a sprinkling of chives and dill.
I loved this. The flavor was wonderful and the texture was nice and silky smooth. I used fresh cauliflower, and lowfat sour cream but otherwise stuck to the recipe. Thanx for posting!