Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Light, creamy, low-fat soup.
Make and share this Cream of Cauliflower Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 leek, thoroughly washed & sliced (white part & 2 inches of green)
- 4 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 1 lb potato, peeled & sliced
- fresh ground pepper
- Pour 1/2 cup vegetable broth into a large saucepan.
- Bring to boil over med-high heat& cook onion& leek, reducing heat to medium, and stirring often until vegetables are soft, (about 7 minutes).
- Add rest of broth, cauliflower& potatoes.
- Bring to boil over med-high heat.
- Cover& reduce heat to medium low,& simmer until potatoes& cauliflower are soft enough to puree.
- Using a food processor or immersion blender, puree the soup then return to pot to gently warm.
- Add salt& freshly ground pepper to taste.
I really like this recipe and it's just great the way it is. Sometimes though I like my soup a little lighter so here's a variation: Use only one potato for texture, leave out the leek altogether, increase the amount of stock and add a pinch each of nutmeg and cinnamon (yes, I said cinnamon) I'll bet you'll like that too!