Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A delicious soup for winter or anytime. This soup has a tremendous flavor. There is a beautiful off white color and the aroma is just to die for. Go all out and serve fresh croutons with this!
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups white wine
- 2 lbs cauliflower, trimmed and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon all purpose Greek seasoning (Cavendars)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- crouton (Fresh or boxed)
- freshly chopped chives
- Add 1/4 cup chicken broth and butter to a heavy, medium stock pot until butter is melted.
- Add onion, garlic, and nutmeg simmer 5-10 minutes until onions are tender.
- Stir in remaining chicken broth, wine, and cauliflower.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the cauliflower is tender, and 20 minutes.
- Puree until smooth by using stick blender or pouring into a blender.
- If using a blender remember heat expands!
- Return pureed mixture to stock pot and add cream, Greek Seasoning, and pepper.
- Simmer briefly.
- Garnish with fresh croutons and chopped chives.
We all really enjoyed this soup. My kids wanted cheese in theirs, so I shredded some in. Even better! My fiance wants me to make it again soon. Thanks for the recipe!
I don't usually follow a recipe to the letter but I did in this case. I was intrigued by the addition of the Greek seasoning. I loved it, it smelled great and tasted even better. Very simple to put together, a real keeper!
Made this the other night. I of course used more garlic and Cavendar's. Terrific flavor and easy to make. Boyfriend loved it and he's a "meat 'n taters" man. The only thing that keeps it from a 5 star is because it's not very filling for a "Cream of" soup. Nice tasty soup for lunch though.