Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Add this classic creamy soup to your list of easy winter favorites.
- 14.17 g butter
- 2 onions, coarsely chopped
- 4 stalk celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- 103.53 ml vegetable broth
- white wine, for thinning
- milk, for thinning
- 14.79 ml heavy cream
- 4.92 ml smoked paprika
- salt and pepper (white pepper if you have it)
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the onion, celery and garlic and cook gently until the onion is slightly softened.
- Add the cauliflower, season with salt and pepper, cover and leave to cook very gently for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the broth and a splash of white wine and season with more pepper. Cook gently for another 5-10 minutes. Add about 7tbs milk and the cream, stir and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer a little longer until all the vegetables are soft.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor and blend until smooth, adding a little more milk if it is too thick for your taste.
- Serve in soup bowls, sprinkled with the smoked paprika.
This is great! It's thick and creamy and the smoked paprika is perfect sprinkled on top. I actually put a little of the smoked paprika right into the soup as well as for a garnish. I needed a bit extra broth because my cauliflower was a bit larger than small. Thanx for sharing. This is a keeper!