Recipe by Lisa Lou Who
My mom has been making this soup for years. It is true comfort food. Sprinkle bowls with shredded cheddar if you prefer.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam cauliflower for 6 minute using the 2 cups boiling water.
- Break cauliflower into small pieces and add it to the cooking water.
- Melt butter and flour and mix until smooth.
- Add water and reg. milk to the flour mixture and bring to a boil.
- Add this to the cauliflower mixture along with the evaporated milk and seasonings.
- Simmer until thickened to your liking.