Recipe by Yaffa
Delicious vegan soup!
Top Review by MichelleinHI
The recipe turned out very tasty. I was somewhat confused over directions. For instance the ingredients states 5 cups of water, but directions only mention the 3 cups. I went ahead and put in the whole 5. Also states to saute onion. I'm assuming that was to be sauted in the sesame oil and that is what I did. It was very yummy and filling. Thank you! Made for PAC spring 08
- 2 small onions
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 pinch salt
- 5 cups water
- pumpkin (optional)
- peas (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions until transparent; add grated carrot.
- Add 3 cups water, bring to boil, then simmer.
- In a separate pan, add wheat flour and heat over a low flame. After 2-3 minutes, add approximately 1/2 cup water slowly, stirring with fork to avoid lumps. Stir until all lumps are gone, add pinch of salt.
- Add wheat and water mix to pan with onions, carrot and water. Let cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add cauliflower florets and leaves.
- Add 1 T soy sauce.
- Cover and let simmer for another 45 minutes.
- Add parsley a few minutes before serving.