Recipe by evelinagrossberg
This soup is creamy in texture and buttery in flavor,and it looks beautiful if you garnish the soup with homemade croutons and chives.
Top Review by timoo
Thank you for this great recipe. It was easy and turned out well for me. I did add 1/3 of a cup of flour to thicken the soup. This is the second time I've made this soup. The only thing is I wish it had a stronger cauliflower flavor. I will try getting organic cauliflower next time. I did a search for cauliflower flavored seasoning and didn't find anything. <br/><br/>Thank you again,<br/>timoo7
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped leeks, white portion only
- 1 -2 head cauliflower, outer leaves andstalks removed and florets separated into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups unsalted chicken stock or 3 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely ground toasted coriander seed
- fresh ground white pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the leeks and sauté, stirring constantly, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the cauliflower and sauté for about 5 minutes. Add the stock, cream, bay leaf and coriander, bring to a simmer and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is very tender, about 45 minutes. Remove the bay leaf.
- Using a stick blender, puree the soup directly in the pot until it is very smooth and creamy. Alternatively puree in blender in batches. Season with salt and white pepper. Keep the soup warm over low heat until ready to serve.
- Ladle the soup into warmed individual bowls and garnish with a pinch of chives. Serve immediately.
- For Vegetarian option use Vegetable Broth.