Recipe by Boomette
It's very different than other cream of cauliflower. It is my favourite for now. The ginger, the turmeric and the lime juice give the particular taste.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this soup as given in the recipe & we loved it! The veggies were nicely done & the spices, very satisfying! I particularly liked the lime & the garlic & will definitely be making this soup again! Many thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday recipe tag]
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated gingerroot
- 1 leek, white part only, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 small head cauliflower, cut into small flowerets
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 8 cups chicken stock
- freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup 35% cream
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- fresh parsley, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot sauté onion in butter on medium heat until golden.
- Add ginger, leek, celery, carrots and garlic and continue to cook for a further 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are just golden.
- Add the flour and stir until blended.
- Add remaining ingredients, except cream, lime juice and parsley and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer the soup for 30 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Add the cream and lime juice.
- Remove lid and continue to simmer for a further 15 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.