1/1 Photo of Cream of Cauliflower Cheese Soup
I love this soup! My kids like it pureed really smooth, but I tend to like it a little "lumpier." You can puree it as smooth as you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 heads cauliflower, washed and broken into flowerets
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened (or use regular)
- 1 cup half-and-half (or evaporated milk)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 2 cups shredded American cheese
- 1Place cauliflower flowerets, chopped onion, and garlic in a large pot. Pour in just enough water to almost cover (but not quite) cover the cauliflower. Add boullion cubes and bring to a boil; cook until cauliflower is very tender -- about 10-12 minutes.
- 2Lower heat medium.
- 3Add in cream cheese and half and half; stir well. Add in salt, pepper, paprika and parsley; stir and heat through.
- 4Add in shredded cheese; stir frequently until heated through and cheese is melted.
- 5Remove from heat. Puree in batches in blender or food processor. Serve.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Cauliflower Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.9
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 39.0 mg
- Sodium 276.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable bouillon cubes