I love this soup! My kids like it pureed really smooth, but I tend to like it a little "lumpier." You can puree it as smooth as you like.
- 2 heads cauliflower, washed and broken into flowerets
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened (or use regular)
- 1 cup half-and-half (or evaporated milk)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 2 cups shredded American cheese
- Place cauliflower flowerets, chopped onion, and garlic in a large pot. Pour in just enough water to almost cover (but not quite) cover the cauliflower. Add boullion cubes and bring to a boil; cook until cauliflower is very tender -- about 10-12 minutes.
- Lower heat medium.
- Add in cream cheese and half and half; stir well. Add in salt, pepper, paprika and parsley; stir and heat through.
- Add in shredded cheese; stir frequently until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat. Puree in batches in blender or food processor. Serve.