I find this soup to be very similar to Potato and Leek soup but its refreshing to taste the cauliflower and cheese through it. A winter warmer that will delight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head cauliflower (cut up)
- 4 medium sized potatoes
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 3 bay leaves
- 5 1/2 cups vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cream
For the toast
- 1In a large pot add oil and butter and melt.
- 2Saute onion, leek, garlic, thyme and basil until softened.
- 3Add potato and cauliflower and toss through.
- 4Add vegetable stock and bay leaves and cook for around 40 minutes.
- 5Remove bay leaves.
- 6Blend half the soup in a blender or with a hand held blitzer.
- 7Mash with a potato masher the other half of the soup.
- 8Add the blended half of the soup back with the mashed soup.
- 9Return to heat and add the cheese. Stir till dissolved (this wont take long so dont leave it too long).
- 10Add the cream and stir through.
- 11To top with toast:.
- 12Slice a baguette into thin slices.
- 13Cover the slices with slices of gruyere cheese (if you dont have gruyere, then use cheddar or whatever cheese suits you).
- 14Bake the slices in the oven for about 5 minutes at 180 until the cheese has melted.
- 15If the slices are too big for the soup, quarter them or half them.
- 16Serve on top of the soup.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Cauliflower Cheese & Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 632.3
- Calories from Fat 338
- Total Fat 37.6 g
- Saturated Fat 23.5 g
- Cholesterol 125.6 mg
- Sodium 432.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 23.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: