1/2 Photos of Cream of Cauliflower and Stilton Soup
This recipe comes from Bon Appetit, February 1996. The magazine indicated that it was British/Scottish in origin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 59.14 ml butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 leek (white and pale green parts only)
- 177.44 ml celery, chopped
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 709.77 ml vegetable broth
- 236.59 ml milk (may use more)
- 85.04 g Stilton cheese, crumbled
- white pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1Blanch 1 cup cauliflower florets in medium pot of boiling salted water until just crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain. Rinse under cold water; drain well. Set aside.
- 2Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, leek, celery, and remaining cauliflower. Cover and cook until onion is tender but not brown, stirring frequently, about 8 minutes. Add flour and stir 2 minutes. Gradually stir in vegetable broth. Add 1 cup milk. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover partially and simmer until vegetables are very tender and soup thickens, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- 3Puree soup in blender in batches until smooth. Return to same saucepan. (Cauliflower and soup can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover separately and refrigerate. Bring cauliflower to room temperature before using.)
- 4Bring soup to simmer, thinning with more milk, if desired. Gradually add Stilton, stirring until melted. Season to taste with white pepper and salt.
- 5Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish with reserved cauliflower and serve.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Cauliflower and Stilton Soup
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.3
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 55.0 mg
- Sodium 483.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 10.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: