Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A delicious, hearty homestyle soup to wow you.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion (1large)
- 3 cups coarsley chopped fresh cauliflower
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed chicken broth (I use bulk 1 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese (6 oz., medium or old)
- Melt butter in large saucepan, saute onion until tender.
- Stir in cauliflower and chicken broth.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer 12–15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Combine flour and milk (shake together in a jar).
- Add to saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat. Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Add pepper and parsley to taste.
- Serve with croutons.
This simple and wholesome soup was so good on a crisp fall day! I pureed part of the soup and left part chunky. We liked the pureed portion best. Thanks!
Supreme in all ways.