Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Yes, this is the one you want to address a man-sized appetite and to additionally satisfy the pressing Winter need for comfort food. The original rceipe came from "A Cookbook for the Common Folk."
- 3 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth (canned)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, saute the cauliflower, onion and crumbled bacon in the margarine.
- Whisk in the flour.
- Add the chicken stock, milk and Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir in the cheese and, as soon as the cheese melts, the parsley.
- Continue to simmer over low heat until the cauliflower is tender.
A simple and comforting soup. I increased the worcestershire sauce and added some cayenne pepper for a bit more flavor. My husband loves cauliflower and this soup was a great treat for him on a cold night.