Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
If you like carrots, you will like this creamy carrot soup.
Make and share this Cream of Carrot Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 cups carrots (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- In a large pan, melt margarine. Sauté onion, garlic powder, parsley and seasoned salt.
- Add carrots and sauté on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and blend real well.
- Add chicken broth, stirring constantly. Bring to boil stirring constantly.
- Then reduce heat and cover pot.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In blender or food processor, purée the carrot mixture.
- Return mixture to pan and stir in the whipping cream.
- Heat till good and hot.
- Serve with French bread.
I really liked this soup. I have had no luck before when making carrot soup in the past. I agree with the reviewer parsley. I could easily live without the cream. ( I did not add it) Next time I will double this recipe. Inexpensive and pleasantly tasty belly warmer of a soup. Thanks for the recipe.
I loved this soup! It's a real tumm-warmer! I doubled the recipe, but only increased the cream by 50%. I used fresh garlic instead of powder and added a bit of tarragon. After pureeing, it's such a great consistancy and flavor, that I think (if you're concerned about fat) you could do without the cream, or maybe add just a little...maybe even some low-fat milk. Thanx for posting this yummy soup; I'll make it again.
Easy and cheap to do. I found this recipe in a recipe game and decided to make it for my mother in law's visit. I did have to add salt and pepper after it was done--not enough seasoning. The consistency in the blender is perfect, and this couldn't be more economical to make. Thanks!