Recipe by Darlene Summers
If you like carrots, you will like this creamy carrot soup.
Top Review by diest
I really liked this soup. I have had no luck before when making carrot soup in the past. I agree with the reviewer parsley. I could easily live without the cream. ( I did not add it) Next time I will double this recipe. Inexpensive and pleasantly tasty belly warmer of a soup. Thanks for the recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 cups carrots (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan, melt margarine. Sauté onion, garlic powder, parsley and seasoned salt.
- Add carrots and sauté on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and blend real well.
- Add chicken broth, stirring constantly. Bring to boil stirring constantly.
- Then reduce heat and cover pot.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In blender or food processor, purée the carrot mixture.
- Return mixture to pan and stir in the whipping cream.
- Heat till good and hot.
- Serve with French bread.