Recipe by chef fiddler
This is a nice creamy, rich tasting soup. I had an abundance of carrots, experimented in the kitchen, and came up with this. I blended this in a vitamix blender, and ended up doing it in 2 batches. I had to add a bit of milk so there would be enough liquid for blending. We had this soup with warm bread, using the "Blue Ribbon White Bread" recipe from Sweetiebarbara. She is the mother-in-law of my neighbor Supa, and Supa supplied the bread that evening. The 2 recipes were delicious together.
- 4 lbs carrots, peeled and cut into coin shapes
- 1⁄4 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 springs fresh parsley, remove leaves and chop finely
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cut up carrot in a saucepan with 1 cup of water, and bring to a boil. Lower temperature to simmer and cook until tender.
- While the carrots are simmering, place the finely chopped onion, garlic, and parsley in a skillet and sauté with a small amount of oil until tender. Set aside.
- In a small container, shake the 2 T. flour with ¼ cup of water until the mixture is smooth.
- In a skillet melt 2 T. butter, then add the milk. When the milk mixture is warm add the flour mixture, stirring until the mixture thickens.
- Place the cooked carrots with the cooking water, and the onion mixture, along with the thickened milk mixture and the cream cheese, cut into small pieces, in a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth. You may need to blend this in smaller batches. If the mixture is too dry, add a bit of milk so it can blend. You could add cream for a richer soup.