Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple, colorful, elegant, healthful, and delicious. May be served hot or cold.
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and roughly chopped into even pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- 3 cups chicken stock or 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- fresh lime juice (one lime or to taste)
- Add olive oil to a medium hot medium pot. Add onions and salt. Saute until clear, not brown, ~ 5 minutes or less. Add garlic. Cook one minute. Add cumin and pepper. Add chicken stock and carrots and bring to a boil. Simmer, covered, until carrots are tender. Remove from heat.
- Transfer soup to blender. Add sour cream and lime juice. Blend until smooth. Serve hot or cold, accompanied with lime.
This was easily made and I served it cold. I think I'd like more carrot flavor. Thank you for sharing. I made this for the Spring PAC 2007 game