Recipe by KelBel
This is incredibly smooth and creamy. The secret ingredient is (believe it or not) non-dairy liquid creamer. I had a version of this at a restaurant. I asked them for the recipe, and they gave me a list of ingredients, so this is my re-creation based on those ingredients.
Top Review by scimietta99
we enjoyed this but found the amount of liquid was a little too much. i would make it again as it was a good soup, just reduce the water to five cups. i didn't add the sugar as the carrots were really sweet anyway. i also cut down the amount of creamer and found it enough. thanks Kelbel.
- 5 cups carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 small onions, peeled and diced
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups non-dairy coffee creamer
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer carrots, potatoes, and onions in enough water to just cover veges for 45 minutes, until soft.
- Using a food processor, blender, or Stick blender (my choice), puree ingredients together.
- Return back to soup pot and add seasonings, butter and creamer.
- Warm over low heat until hot.