Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This makes a large batch of soup, but is easily halved. If you like to make a big batch and freeze some, omit the milk and Cheez Whiz (just add those when you thaw and serve soup).
- 1 onion
- 8 cups water
- 4 tablespoons chicken soup base
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 cups shredded carrots
- 4 cups shredded potatoes
- 1 can cream-style corn
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Cheez Whiz
- Saute onion.
- Add water, chicken soup base, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, carrots and potatoes and cook until vegetables are done.
- Add cream-style corn, milk and Cheez Whiz.
- Stir until heated through and Cheez Whiz is melted.
I went through a carrot phase last year and made a HUGE batch of this soup -- YUM!! (I'm betting you and I got this recipe from the same cookbook!) I actually froze it even after the milk and Cheez Whiz had been added and wasn't disappointed with the reheated results.