Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a really nice, quick and easy comfort soup. Wonderful on a cold day, with some crusty bread! I use a salt reduced,chicken stock instead of vegetable stock, but it is just as nice with either.
- 500 g baby carrots
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 150 ml cream
- chopped parsley
- Slice carrots (peel if using larger carrots) and put into a saucepan with the vegetable stock, honey, garlic and salt.
- Bring to boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
- Adjust seasonings to your taste.
- Puree in a processor or blender and process, gently reheat before stirring in cream.
- Do not boil once cream is added.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.
- N.B.~ If soup requires thickening (it is a personal preference) make a paste of a little cornflour and water mix well before adding to soup.
Yum! The honey and garlic really set this off and it had a wonderful aroma while cooking. Only change I made was a few local stores were out of fresh parsley so I used dried chives to garnish instead. I served warm thickened with a little cornflour but also think it would be great served at room temperature during warmer months as well.
Wonderful flavor and the honey did the trick! I added 1/2 teaspoon of salt and a little less cream than stated. Easy to prepare and very tasty. Prepared as a participant in the 8th Edition of Make My Recipe Event October 2009.
Delicious soup and easy to do - I added a handful of chickpea. Thoroughly enjoyed the touch of honey.