Recipe by StrikingEyes00
A delicious (low calorie) creamy soup. I found the recipe in a magazine article and just knew it would be great. I just made it last night and had to share. Serve with a nice multigrain bread and a salad for a wonderful dinner! ENJOY!
Top Review by maria.farrugia
i just tried this soup today and it came out VERY good. both me and husband loved it. i forgot to put the milk inside the soup but it still taste great! will deff make it again!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium onions, peeled and coarsley chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs young carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons gingerroot, peeled and shredded
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups light cream
- salt (to taste)
- white pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan, then add the onions and cook over low heat until translucent. Add the carrots and shredded ginger, cover, and cook over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate saucepan, bring the chicken stock to a simmer, then add it to the carrot mixture and boil gently over medium heat for another 15 minutes or until the carrots are fork tender.
- Remove the soup from the heat and add the milk. Allow the soup to cool for a few minutes before pouring it into a food processor or blender.
- Pour the soup back into the pot, stir in the cream, and add the salt and pepper to taste. Reheat the soup gently, but don't let it come to a boil. When the soup is warm, ladle it into bowls and serve.