1/1 Photo of Cream of Carrot and Coriander Soup
We used to buy this soup, but it disappeared from the supermarket shelves. Luckily, by then, I had eaten so much of it, it did not take too much time to recreate it. I think the home-made variety is even better!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 small onions, diced
- 1 coriander root, chopped finely (cilantro)
- 200 g canned tomatoes, chopped
- 600 g carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 liter chicken stock, plus
- 1/2 cup chicken stock, extra
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped and loosely packed.
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan or stockpot.
- 2Add onions and cook until transparent.
- 3Add coriander root and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- 4Add tomatoes and carrots and cook, stirring, until most of the moisture has cooked out of the tomato.
- 5Add chicken stock and pepper and bring to the boil.
- 6Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the carrots are very tender.
- 7Add the extra half a cup of stock to replace liquid lost through evaporation.
- 8Add coriander leaves.
- 9Blend or process soup until smooth.
- 10Add cream, taste and adjust seasoning.
- 11For a smoother, velvety soup, press soup through a sieve and reheat before serving.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Carrot and Coriander Soup
Serving Size: 1 (443 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.1
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 41.6 mg
- Sodium 614.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: