Top Review by breezermom
Delicious! I roasted my garlic tonight and then made the soup....just wonderful! I used brussels sprouts, and I will make this often! Thanks for sharing.....made for Bargain Basement!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup grated carrot
- 14 roasted garlic cloves, mashed and rough chopped, divided
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts, washed stem end trimmed and quartered or 3 cups spinach or 3 cups broccoli
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 6 cups chicken broth or 6 cups vegetable broth
- hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup cream or 1 cup milk
- fresh parsley
- lots of fresh grated black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot melt butter with the oil.
- Saute the onions, carrots and half the garlic for 4 minutes.
- Add brussels sprouts, pepper, nutmeg, parsley, broth, pepper sauce and salt if using, bring to a boil reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Add the cream and remaining garlic.
- Blend the soup with an immersion blender or carefully in a blender.
- Pour into bowls top with a dab of butter and lots of fresh grated pepper.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.