1/1 Photo of Cream of Broccoli Vegetable Cheese Soup
Has some extra flavor than regular broccoli soups. Makes a nice-sized pot of soup. Servings are a guess.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large head of broccoli, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large leek, chopped white and light green parts
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chicken soup base
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half, can use regular
- 2 cups shredded gouda cheese (any mild cheese is good too) or 2 cups cheddar cheese (any mild cheese is good too)
- salt, to taste
- 1Place broccoli, onions, leeks, potatoes, celery, carrots, garlic, soup base and pepper in a large soup pot. Add enough water to just cover.
- 2Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until everything is tender.
- 3Using an immersion blender (or use a food processor or blender) puree.
- 4Retun to pot.
- 5In a small saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in the flour and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 6Add the butter/flour roux to the soup pot.
- 7Add half and half and cheese. Heat gently to melt cheese and thicken, stirring very often.
- 8Add salt and/or more pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Broccoli Vegetable Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.7
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 12.9 mg
- Sodium 139.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: