1 hr 15 mins
Mimi in Maine's Note:
This is a lovely creamed soup, thick with veggies and flavor. It is something to serve company with a loaf of homemade bread and a salad. A country inn near us serves a soup similar to this, and has for years attracted people with it. This is the closest to it that I can get. Sometimes I think that this is better. I think the unique flavor is the cumin. It is delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 1 small head of broccoli (separated)
- 1 sweet potato (chopped)
- 1 medium zucchini (diced)
- 1419.54 ml chicken broth
- 14.78 ml Cremora
- 2.46 ml celery seed
- 0.25 ml nutmeg
- 1.23 ml basil
- 1.23 ml tarragon
- 2.46 ml cumin
- salt and pepper
- 177.44 ml instant instant potato flakes
- 236.59 ml cream
- 1Note before you start; the basil, tarragon, and cumin are added to taste--keep tasing till you get it the way you want it.
- 2Break up the broccoli into flowerettes and simmer alone in another pan; set aside.
- 3Cover the bottom of a large pot with butter and saute onions till golden, but not brown.
- 4Add the sweet potato and zucchini.
- 5Stir till veggies are hot and then cover with the chicken stock.
- 6Put a colander down into the pot of liquid so that the liquid is up through the holes.
- 7Measure the stock because this determines how much Creamora to put in (1 teaspoon of Creamora to 1 cup of liquid) and with a whisk, whisk in the Cremora.
- 8Add the celery seed, nutmeg, basil, tarragon, cumin, salt and pepper.
- 9Bring to a boil.
- 10Add the Potato Buds to the colander whisking all the time till it is thick.
- 11Then gently take out the colaner and stir. You can use more or less depending on the thickness that you like.
- 12Add the cream for extra richness (or a small can of evaporated milk would also do).
- 13Then add the broccoli using as much as you like.
- 14Do not boil this soup.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Broccoli, Sweet Potato, and Zucchini Soup
Serving Size: 1 (460 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.8
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 31.6 mg
- Sodium 1002.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 12.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: