Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my all-time favorites. Plus, it's super easy!
- 1 medium head of broccoli, washed and chopped
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 quart half-and-half or 1 quart milk
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced
- salt and pepper
- Saute broccoli, celery, and onions in butter in large kettle. Add mushrooms and cook until soft. Blend in salt, pepper, soup, and half and half and cook on medium until warm through. Do not boil. Add avocado, stir, and serve.
I usually try to make a recipe as written, but that doesn't always work for me, & in this case, I did change some things around a bit! First off I used a homemade cream of celery soup! I also added the mushrooms late in Step 1 so that they would be just starting to soften! Finally, I only used 1 small avocado, & it was diced pretty small! It all made for a nice tasting soup (really surprised me!) that my other half thoroughly enjoyed, so I can't knock that, now, can I! [Tagged, made & reviewed as a recipenap in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap 16]