Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This soup give the basic Cream of Broccoli an added bonus. I serve it with cheesy bread and it makes a complete filling meal.
- Place broccoli on pan with water and 2 bouillon cubes. Cook for 5 minutes, cover and remove from heat.
- Saute in olive oil the shallots and shrimp until translucent and pink. Add 2 bouillon cubes.
- In another pan melt butter and add flour. Cook for about 1 minute add shallots and shrimp and dissolved bouillon.
- Add cream and milk. Add cheese and cook until melted.
- Drain broccoli reserving the liquid. Add broccoli to soup base. Use reserved liquid to thin down if it is too thick. Add potatoes now if you desire. (I had left over baked potatoes so I skinned and chopped them and threw them in). Simmer on low for about 30 minutes and serve.