Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Like many, I recently began the 31-Day Fat Cure Plan. One of the recipes in the book provided was for Cream of Broccoli Soup. It was almost lactose free except for 2 tablespoons of butter (one of the items to avoid is dairy). I liked the recipe the first time I tried it but thought I could make it a bit creamier tasting and completely get rid of the dairy resulting in this recipe.
- 44 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 16 ounces frozen broccoli, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 13 1⁄2 ounces coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- Peel and dice onion. In large pot, heat grape seed oil and saute the onion and minced garlic on slightly lower than medium heat until well done or opaque.
- While the onion and garlic are sauteing, microwave the frozen broccoli in a large, glass bowl for 5 minutes. Stir and microwave for another 4 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth to the cooked onion/garlic mixture. Allow to come to a rolling boil, stirring occasionally. Add the cooked broccoli and coconut milk.
- There are several ways to do the last part. The easiest is use a stick blender directly in the pot, pulsing to cream the broccoli and onions slightly and leave some chunks as to your liking. I use a bit of garlic salt at the end for a little extra flavor.