Like many, I recently began the 31-Day Fat Cure Plan. One of the recipes in the book provided was for Cream of Broccoli Soup. It was almost lactose free except for 2 tablespoons of butter (one of the items to avoid is dairy). I liked the recipe the first time I tried it but thought I could make it a bit creamier tasting and completely get rid of the dairy resulting in this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and dice onion. In large pot, heat grape seed oil and saute the onion and minced garlic on slightly lower than medium heat until well done or opaque.
- 2While the onion and garlic are sauteing, microwave the frozen broccoli in a large, glass bowl for 5 minutes. Stir and microwave for another 4 minutes.
- 3Add the chicken broth to the cooked onion/garlic mixture. Allow to come to a rolling boil, stirring occasionally. Add the cooked broccoli and coconut milk.
- 4There are several ways to do the last part. The easiest is use a stick blender directly in the pot, pulsing to cream the broccoli and onions slightly and leave some chunks as to your liking. I use a bit of garlic salt at the end for a little extra flavor.
Browse Our Top Lactose-Free Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lactose-Free Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Broccoli Soup (Lactose Free)
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.7
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 63.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 4.3 g