1/1 Photo of Cream of Broccoli Soup but Lower Fat!
I love Cream of Broccoli soup but the fat and calories do not like me. This is a lower fat but great tasting recipe to use. Keep in mind that if you use homemade chicken broth, remove the fat first ( let broth cool then skim off the fatty topping)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine broth, water, broccoli and onion (carrots if using) and bring to a boil in a large saucepan.
- 2Reduce heat to simmer for 15 minute.
- 3(if you choose you can puree 1/2 or all of soup mixture at this point in a blender) I do 1/2 as I like the chunks of broccoli in my sup.
- 4Slowly add evaporated milk to soup mixture or med.-low heat stirring as you add. Add pepper and cheese.
- 5Let cool a few minutes then serve.
- 6add additional pepper to taste.
- 7this is good as a left over as well.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Broccoli Soup but Lower Fat!
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.6
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 247.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat chicken broth