Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy, quick and simple....hummmm,must be soup!
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 onions
- 2 cups celery, Chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper
- slivered almonds
- 1 tomatoes, Chopped
- Trim broccoli and cut into one-half inch thick slices.
- Steam in salted water until tender.
- In large sauce pan, melt butter and saute onions, celery and garlic until brown.
- Stir flour gradually into butter mixture.
- Add milk slowly, then add chicken broth and herbs.
- Stir over low heat until soup thickens and boils.
- Add broccoli, salt and pepper.
- Serve hot.
- Top with almond slivers, cheese or chopped tomato, if desired.
very good ! took some to mom & dad and they want more.
This soup was awesome! I made it as soon as I got home tonight, and it was ready when my boyfriend got home an hour later. He had a hard day, and LOVED it! This was a great way to end a chilly Chicago day! Thanks!
Delicious! Super easy to make, and so tasty fresh or as leftovers. Thanks for the recipe!