Recipe by Latchy
This comes from a Family Circle recipe
Top Review by MaryMatt1016
Years ago, my mom made this recipe, and it was in instant hit. Then, somehow, she lost the recipe, and we spent the next couple of decades looking for it. Thanks to you, Latchy, we've finally found it. This recipe is simple, elegant, subtle, and -- with freshly ground allspice -- of restaurant quality. And the fresh, green color is exquisite. The only broccoli soup I've ever found where the broccoli is the star. Thanks again for posting.
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the broccoli stems and florets into chunks.
- Place in a large pan with 1 cup of the stock, cover and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered for 10 minutes.
- or until tender.
- Transfer half the mixture to a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Add a little of the remaining stock and blend to a puree.
- Return to pan.
- Transfer the remaining broccoli mixture and stock to the food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Return all the pureed soup to the pan, add the nutmeg and cream and stir over moderate heat until heated through, but don't allow soup to boil.
- Before serving season with salt and freshly ground pepper.