1/1 Photo of Cream of Broccoli Soup
Stella Mae's Note:
I personally dislike broccoli, but I can eat the whole pot of this marvelous soup! HINT: If you add a good dose of Garam Masala it gives the soup oomph without detracting from its flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in saucepan, add onion, carrot and celery.
- 2Saute gently until soft, about 4 minutes.
- 3Trim the woody ends of the stalk and peel.
- 4Roughly cut up heads and remaining stalk.
- 5Add broccoli to pan with chicken stock, milk.
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Bring to a boil, cover and simmer 25 minutes.
- 8When broccoli is tender, transfer vegies to a blender.
- 9Blend on high until all ingredients are smooth.
- 10Return mixture to saucepan.
- 11Heat until lightly boiling and thickened.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Broccoli Soup
Serving Size: 1 (497 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.0
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 28.8 mg
- Sodium 486.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 12.4 g