I personally dislike broccoli, but I can eat the whole pot of this marvelous soup! HINT: If you add a good dose of Garam Masala it gives the soup oomph without detracting from its flavor.
- Melt butter in saucepan, add onion, carrot and celery.
- Saute gently until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Trim the woody ends of the stalk and peel.
- Roughly cut up heads and remaining stalk.
- Add broccoli to pan with chicken stock, milk.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer 25 minutes.
- When broccoli is tender, transfer vegies to a blender.
- Blend on high until all ingredients are smooth.
- Return mixture to saucepan.
- Heat until lightly boiling and thickened.