Recipe by Scrivener1
A very simple recipe from my Pillsbury Cookbook. I always double it, but the proportions below are as written in the cookbook. Also, I never pre cook my broccoli.
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped and cooked
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium sauce pan,saute onion and celery in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Cook one minute.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth and milk.
- Cook until slightly thickened; stirring constantly. Do not boil.
- Stir in broccoli, lemon juice, and garlic powder.
- Heat thoroughly.