Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A quick, easy, cheap recipe I got from a friend (Laura Rich) who years ago tried to teach me how to cook. I am going to try it again soon, now that I'm one of the many unemployed and have the time to learn how to cook in earnest. I will be substituting the almond milk with soy milk. Let me know how it goes, if someone else tries cow's milk. Thanks! (Prep and cook times are wild, generous guesses.)
- 4 cups fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 large potato, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups almond milk
- Boil water.
- Add potato and onion.
- Simmer 10 minutes, til tender.
- Add chopped broccoli.
- Simmer til broc is bright green and take off heat.
- Cool til OK for blender.
- Put in blender and add almond milk.
- Blend to desired consistency.
- Possibly season in blender with dash of any or all of the following: thyme, curry, nutmeg, pepper.