Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth or 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 9 cups broccoli florets (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry carnation instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Boil broth in large saucepan.
- Add broccoli, onion and garlic.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low.
- Cover; cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Transfer half of vegetable-broth mixture to blender or food processor in batches; cover.
- Blend until desired consistency.
- Return to remaining mixture in saucepan.
- Combine dry milk, water and flour in medium bowl; mix well.
- Stir into soup; add salt and pepper.
- For Freeze Ahead:.
- Prepare as above.
- Cool soup completely.
- Place in airtight container; freeze for up to 2 months.
- Thaw overnight in refrigerator.
- Heat in medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through.