1/1 Photo of Cream of Broccoli Soup
Another delicious soup created around a basic soup base.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan, combine the chicken broth, chopped onion, broccoli, bay leaf and garlic powder.
- 2Bring mixture to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetable is tender. .
- 3Remove bay leaf.
- 4Place half of the vegetable mixture in a blender or food processor.
- 5Cover and blend 30 to 60 seconds or till smooth. Take care when blending hot liquids. Pour into bowl.
- 6Repeat with remaining vegetable mixture; set all aside.
- 7In the same saucepan, melt the butter or margarine.
- 8Whisk in flour, salt and pepper. Add the milk all at once, whisking till smooth.
- 9Cook and stir till mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- 10Stir in the blended vegetable mixture.
- 11Cook and stir till soup is heated through.
- 12Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Broccoli Soup
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.2
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 31.7 mg
- Sodium 502.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 7.8 g