Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Creamy & rich.
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- Cut flowerets from broccoli stems, peel & dice stems.
- Place broccoli, stems & all, onion, broth, garlic and thyme into a 3 qt saucepan & cover.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Cool slightly.
- In a blender puree broccoli mixture. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in flour. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add white pepper and half-and-half.
- Stir constantly until just thickened.
- Stir in broccoli puree, heat through.
- Ladle into soup bowls and top with sour cream and sprinkle with chives.
Was a complete success with my guinea pigs, I mean family ,,,,, adding some chicken to it
this time ,,,,,,
AMAZING. I have never made soup before (of any kind) and I was craving broccoli soup. We just purchased a Ninja Processor (umm if you don't have one - GO BUY ONE!! it is spectacular!!) and I wanted to try something new with it. Okay - seriously - such a great soup. It was easy to make and tasted spectacular. I've always had cheese in my broccoli soup (when buying it at restaurants) but I never thought of putting a dollop of sour cream in it. That really set it off. I also added a bit more garlic that suggested.
Try it! You won't be disappointed.
Another soup recipe from Smurfetta! Again, a hit. Loved it and can't get enough. I made this for our ladies club meeting and they did too. Keep up the good work.